Avnet Technology Solutions GmbH
Lötscher Weg 66
Telefon: +49 2153-733-0
Telefax: +49 2153-733-110
Vertretungsberechtigte / Geschäftsführung: Timothy Giles Willies, Barbara Koch, Michael Dressen, Raf Leenen, Wayne Hanewicz
USt-ID-Nr. / VAT-ID-No.: DE 811562971
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Krefeld, HRB 8321
WEEE-Reg: DE 85853880
Startseite: Deutsche Messe
Applikationsbeschleunigung Headerbild: istock.com/monsitj
Cloud Computing Headerbild: istock.com/lukutin77
Internet Of Things Headerbild: istock.com/Erikona
Cognitive Computing & Analytics Headerbild: istock.com/PolinaShuvaeva
Software Defined Data Center Headerbild: istock.com/monsitj
AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS Privacy Protection Provisions
1. Area of Applications These data protection provisions shall apply in addition to all Terms and Conditions of AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS. They exclusively regulate the handling by AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS of data relating to users of the website.
2. Definitions “Personal data" is information pertaining to the personal and factual circumstances of a natural person, i.e., for example, name, address or telephone number of this natural person. Information which cannot be directly linked to the person of a user, such as, for example, the number of users of a site in a specific period, is not personal data.
The websites on which AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS offers its services are generally referred to as the “AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS website”.
Responsible for the purpose of providing this Website for AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS and its subsidiaries and affiliates, referred to as “AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS” is: Avnet Technology Solutions Ltd, 5 The Sterling Centre, Eastern Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 2 PW, United Kingdom.
The users registered on the AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS website are referred to as “Users”.
Personal data which are stated by the Users when registering to use the AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS website are referred to as “Registration Details”.
3. Basic principles for processing personal data AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS shall abide by the following basic principles when dealing with the personal data of Users:
3.1 AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS shall collect, process and utilize personal data in compliance with the data protection laws of the U.K. This shall apply regardless of which parts of the AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS website the User accesses or has accessed before taking note of these Data Protection Provisions.
3.2 AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS shall utilize personal data of Users exclusively in order to allow utilization of the AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS website, which is subject to registration by Users On no account shall AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS bring personal data of Users to the notice of third parties for advertising or marketing purposes or otherwise forward them to third parties unless this is necessary to render the service to be rendered by AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS.
3.3 Exceptions to sub-section 3.2 may arise within the scope of statutory provisions, on the basis of which cooperation with the criminal prosecution authorities or other government institutions will be necessary, or if there is an actual suspicion of the improper use of the AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS website which breaches the “Terms and Conditions of Use AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS Website” or other contractual obligations or statutory provisions.
3.4 Users may obtain information from AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS on the personal data stored at AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS and amend the data at any time. To do this, users shall contact AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS, Alice Jenkinson, VP Marketing, Avnet TS EMEA, Phone: + 44 (0) 1344 662039, email@example.com
3.5 If Users have agreed to the processing of their data that goes beyond what is required to implement the contract, this declaration may be revoked at any time by the respective Users.
4. Registration Details The following registration details shall be collected and processed unless a small volume of data is involved:
- User´s Name
- Salutation, if applicable title
- Name and Surname
- Tel. no., Fax no
- Email address
5. Cookies So-called “session cookies” are used on the AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS website which are assigned to Users for the duration of their visit, so that the system can recognize them. Session cookies are used to make the system more user-friendly and are automatically deleted at the end of the session unless your browser carries out local storage that goes beyond this due to its individual settings. A user-based evaluation of the surfing behaviour of users by means of the session cookies does not take place.
6. Log files Each time a site is called up access data are stored in a protocol file, the server log. The data record which is stored in doing so contains the following information:
the IP address of the User (by which his or her computer can be identified);
the remote host (name and IP address of the computer that requests the site) the time, status, transferred data quantity as well as the website from which the User has accessed the requested site (e.g. “Referrer”) and the product and version information of the browser used (so-called “User Agent”).
AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS only evaluates these log files, for statistical purposes. This serves to optimize the AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS website, for instance by analyzing user behaviour with respect to dates and times and the data volume called up on the AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS Website. In addition, AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS can spot possible errors through the log files, e.g. defective links or program errors, and therefore use the log files for improving and further developing the AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS Website. AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS cannot link the called up sites and uses stored in the server log to determinable persons.
7. User by minors Registration may only be carried out by adults and persons who are authorized to do so for the company stated during registration.
8. Changes to data protection provisions AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS shall reserve the right to amend these data protection provisions at any time if changes are necessary due to omissions identified at a later date with respect to new functions provided by AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS or due to new statutory provisions. AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS shall inform its registered Users of any changes to these data protection provisions by email using the email address stated within the framework of registration.
9. Availability of data protection provisions These data protection provisions can be called up at any time under the link “Data Protection” and printed off.
Should you have any queries, please contact: Christine Hägel, Coordinator Data Protection EMEA, firstname.lastname@example.org or Stefan Schindler, email@example.com
10. Rights These data protection provisions are subject to rights, especially the copyrights of AVNET TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS.
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
Last revised: October 15th, 2012